London Family and Divorce Mediation Services
We are able to offer a full range of mediation services at our office in London, which is conveniently located near St Paul’s Cathedral at 107 Cheapside, London EC2V 6DN, only a few minutes’ walk away from Bank, St Paul’s and Mansion House tube stations.
If you are considering or currently going through a divorce, separation or need help dealing with other areas of family conflict, get in touch with our experienced, trained mediators to discuss the mediation process.
Experienced Mediation in London
- Discussing the future of the relationship from a practical perspective, including talking through the options for divorce or separation with a view to agreeing the way forwards.
- Reaching agreed proposals about the financial and practical aspects of a separation or divorce, including considering future housing options, discussing possible ongoing payments and working out how to approach pensions.
- Working together to agree the arrangements for your children, including their living and schooling arrangements. There is also the option for the mediator, who has the required Child Inclusive Mediation accreditation, to meet with your children as part of the mediation process when appropriate.
- Holding a confidential Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) with a mediator who is accredited by the Family Mediation Council to sign the mediator’s section of court forms when required. Please note that, as the MIAM is confidential, we do not pass any information on to any other parties without your prior consent.
- We understand that it is sometimes difficult to find the time to meet in person and we are able to offer MIAM meetings via a video call (e.g. via Skype or WhatsApp) if preferred. We generally suggest that the actual mediation sessions take place in person unless there is a reason why this cannot happen, such as one or both parties living a long way away from the office.
- Whist we normally encourage the holding of joint mediation meetings, once the actual mediation process has been started, we are able to offer the option of shuttle mediation, which is when both parties are present in the office but with the mediator shuttling between them, if there is a reason why this would be beneficial.
- When all parties feel that it might be helpful to have a second mediator present, for example to offer some specific additional expertise or to have a combination of a male and female mediator present, we are able to offer this subject to a fee uplift.
Competitive and cost-effective mediation services
Costs of London Mediation
We offer very competitive mediation rates, given our location in the City of London, based around the standard hourly rate of £150 per person per hour including VAT. It is important to recognise that the mediation process invariably only costs a small fraction of the costs that would be incurred when matters are dealt with purely via solicitors and full costs information can be found on our mediation costs page.
We are committed to ensuring that you have access to all the advice and support that you need, either in parallel with or instead of the mediation process, and we are able to provide names of other professionals in Central London, including solicitors, financial advisors and counsellors when appropriate.
Our aim is to ensure that all of our clients have the information and advice that they need in order to make informed decisions within the mediation process and, when required, we can write up a summary of the proposals reached and assist you in finding mediation-friendly solicitors to finalise any legal parts of the agreement at the end of the mediation process.
We also have an office in Godalming, Surrey, where we are able to offer evening appointments if preferred.